Workshops for MEN
- Men working together in facilitated groups has to be one of the most effective, healing and fun ways of bringng about therapeutic change.
- Men have always learned best from other men, and empowering behaviours and awakening can be learned just as negative habits are.
- Men's groups are part of the change engine in our couplework groups and are ideally suited to young men who want to have a different experience of Masculinity.
- To find out more about men's concerns, ideas and insoirations please visit and feel free to contribute to our new BLOG PLATFORM FOR MEN on www.men-maenner.net
Men and the Future: Sex, Authenticity And Power: An International Symposium
23 - 26 May 2013, near Frankfurt
- Do you feel that current examples of masculinity offer you little hope or direction?
- Do you want to find a grounded and vital sense of being a man?
- Do you feel caught in a job which offers no opportunity to express your higher aspirations for yourself and the world?
- Do you have a vision for humanity and are longing to express it?
- Do you feel without influence in a world gone wrong?
- Do you want to learn how to direct your life from your heart?
- Do you struggle to find a healthy sense of your own power in your relationship?
- Do you want to be guided by awakened elders?
- Do you have a son still at home who seems unable to fulfil his potential?
- What could healthy masculinity mean in the 21st Century? And what would it look like?
'Searching for my Father I found my Self'
ongoing facilitated men's groups, meeting 4 times per year
"Four days a year I commit to the Group. It influences my life for the better the other 361 days!" Mike G
Ongoing quarterly facilitated meetings, looking at our identity as males - as sons, lovers, husbands, fathers, as skilful, creative and spiritual men - and learning the arts of relationship. The trust, support and creative challenge in these groups is a unique resource which helps men cooperate with evolution to become the best they can. The first group began in 1999. There are currently four separate groups, and there some are vacancies or you may join the waitng list.
Venue: North London, next to Hampstead Heath. Groups meet 4 x per year, on a Saturday or Sunday. Cost: From £80 per day
Images of Masculinity: a quest for the Male Spirit.
8-day retreat for men only in wild country in south western France.
Next dates: 10–18 August 2013
On this week, while we follow an ancient story and immerse ourselves in a medieval landscape, we will examine what images of masculinity we bring with us. We will experience how life-giving our being together can be and explore authentic directions to establish an awakened masculinity. The course is open to men of all ages who have worked with us before.
Many feel wounded by our fathers and the patriarchy, and want to express their hurt - but time is running out. The 'New Man', in his attempts to placate and get it right, too often founders from a loss of authority. But authentic grounded authority is exactly what is needed in our own lives and to offer a model for coming generations. We must become emotionally and relationally available, able to hear and regulate the little boy in us. We must rediscover our sexuality as a healing and sacred gift, put a stop to projecting out our shadow, misusing others and thereby ourselves, and learn whole-hearted authentic relating. This work is Spirit in Action. Here is where the Celtic legend of the Return of the King fits in, an archetype of strong, self-aware, loving masculinity, who lives his Sacred Dream and dedicates his life to service and stewardship. This course will attempt to awaken such a king in each participant.
Downloadable Application Form (Word Format)TIP: If you right-click on the links to these downloadable files and select 'save as', you can choose where on your computer to download the file to.
Pay your deposit using Paypal
Men: Sex, Power and the Eternal
A long weekend for men.
Has the industrialised world turned its back on its own male children, abandoning the rites of passage that once initiated them, using them as can fodder and now exploiting them while leaving them without guidance? When young males look around for credible role models, they mostly see the damage caused by men through their greed, anger and indifference; may become disheartened, turning to drugs, violence, or depression. But these unguided youths have not yet lost their hunger for a dignified and viable form of masculinity and a life rooted in the natural world of a healthy Mother Earth. “Respect” is a common street greeting for young males, who are searching for elder men to show them how to be full-hearted males. The world needs awakened men more than any other commodity. So if we don’t know how to awake, we must learn fast.
This experimental long weekend is for men who are looking for something different, whether they have already tried Menswork or would like to try it out. Its aim is to help men develop a genuine physical experience of being both grounded, open-hearted, rooted in authority whilst able to hold vision. It includes gender psychology, bodywork, poetry, potentially wild behaviour and deep understanding. Men of all ages and levels of experience are welcome. Some concessions are available for young men
The Father's Heart & the Mother's Body - residential intensive weekend in Somatic Soulwork
Our father's heart that has the capacity to guide us towards a true masculinity - the same body organ that may have been missing in his relationship with our mother. It is his strong and awakened heart that can hold us and teach us about authority, about giving and receiving. In this workshop we will use each other in somatic experimentation to attempt to re-programme our internal relationship with father and mother - and thereby ourselves. This deep soul work attempts to take advantage of the miracle of the body in its capacity to continually renew our cellular memory. We may find that the true male heart is not dead or absent but alive, if dormant, in each of us. When we discover the capacity to seek for and to train our body's energetic centre we may mature to a deep wholeness we only dreamed about in myth and legend.
The course is suited for those who have already worked with us before as well as to those who have not yet experienced our work. Participants from this workshop will be eligible for our weeklong retreat in France – Images of Masculinity, in which we attempt to awaken the king inside of us. Come and join us!