THE CENTRE FOR GENDER PSYCHOLOGY is at the cutting edge of researching a full-spectrum understanding of gender, relationship, and sexuality. With a growing affiliate staff, the centre now offers organisational development and mentoring, professional training, CPD and supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists, in-house training and facilitation.
New CPD Venture:
Beyond Oedipus: A new approach to working with psychosexual & relational issues in everyday practice.
Psychosexual issues have tended to be seen as a specialism, rather than as an integral aspect of human life.
Yet, we are at core sexual beings and throughout our lives we constantly develop our sexuality, as men and
women, within specific life phases. Without our sexual nature being mirrored, it cannot be integrated into
our experience of ourselves. The resulting inner discord may foster a tendency to act out sexually later in
life – either by repressing our natural sexual impulses or by over-exciting them.
The one-day workshop will offer:
- A new, client and practitioner-friendly version of the classic Freudian Oedipal Triangle as an embodied cognition of love and the sexual energy.
- An introduction to how practitioners can assist in repairing the lack of “Sexual Mirroring” our culture suffers from.
- An exploration of the kinds of problems, which emerge in adult relationships, which have more to do with parents than partners.
- The opportunity for supervisory advice on cases with which participants are currently working.
Saturday 8th April 2017 10-6pm
Philadelphia Association, Hampstead, London NW3
Cost: £125, including tea & coffee
Trainers: Geoff Lamb & Helena Løvendal-Duffell
Other CPD courses
Psycho-Sexual-Somatic Therapy (PSST)
a revolutionary approach to systemic body-orientated depth-psychology and sexual therapy.
Working with people therapeutically - especially couples - means working with them as sexual beings, with all their unfulfilled developmental needs, their longings to be met, as well as their difficulties with desire and self-expression.
The worker, who is informed, has huge power for repair, regulation and guidance in this area.
Learn how to meaningfully respond to difficulties in identity, sexualty and realtionships, including secrecy and lack of desire, to help clients find authentic ground and embodied self-confidence.
A transformational series for private and professional life, based on sound theory for effective understanding and practice, relevant for counsellors, psychotherapists, body practitoners, GP’s, teachers, trainers and educators.
1. The Sexual Human Being
2. Identity and Sexuality - a Somatic Perspective
3. Attachment and Sexual Mirroring 3
4. Sexual Relating: Procreation, Recreation, Co-creation
5. Self Regulation and the Freedom Illusion
6. Harnessing the Power of the Erotic Transference
Trainers: Helena Løvendal-Duffell & Nick Duffell, Geoff Lamb.
E1 & E2: Gender, Identity, Sexuality and Ground.
CoupleWork, Gender or Sexuality MasterClass in small groups in London.
Please contact us if you want to order one in-house for your organisation.