THE CENTRE FOR GENDER PSYCHOLOGY is at the cutting edge of researching a full-spectrum understanding of gender, relationship, and sexuality. With a growing affiliate staff, the centre now offers organisational development and mentoring, professional training, CPD and supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists, in-house training and facilitation.
New CPD Venture:
Psycho-Sexual-Somatic Therapy (PSST)
a revolutionary approach to systemic body-orientated depth-psychology and sexual therapy.
CPD days and Foundation Training in partnership with Inter Psyche: Kent and Medway NHS Partnership Trust
As therapists we recognise children’s need for mirroring in order to internalise healthy self-concepts. Less known, however, is our need to have our sexual and erotic nature mirrored, appropriate to our age and developmental phase. How can therapists provide repair in this area and promote the natural development of the individual’s full being as a sexual, relational man or woman?
How can we meaningfully respond to sexual difficulties, including secrecy and lack of desire in a culture where over-excitement masks shame and ignorance of sexuality’s authentic depth?
A transformational series for private and professional life, based on sound theory for effective understanding and practice, relevant for counsellors, psychotherapists, body practitoners, GP’s, teachers, trainers and educators, beginning Autumn 2013 in London.
Trainers: Helena Løvendal-Duffell & Nick Duffell, Geoff Lamb. Two formats are available:
- A Certificated Foundation Training over 6 days followed up with specialist supervision, or
- A series of 6 CPD training days, which may taken separately
Dates & Workshop Themes:
1. The Sexual Human Being - 7th September 2013
2. Identity and Sexuality - a Somatic Perspective - 26th October 2013
3. Attachment and Sexual Mirroring - 16th November 2013
4. Sexual Relating: Procreation, Recreation, Co-creation - 18th January 2014
5. Self Regulation and the Freedom Illusion - 15th February 2014
6. Harnessing the Power of the Erotic Transference - 22nd March 2014
E1 & E2: Gender, Identity, Sexuality and Ground.
CoupleWork, Gender or Sexuality MasterClass in small groups in London.
Please contact us if you want to order one in-house for your organisation.